Wednesday 12 June 2013

Nurgle Warband Update: More Chaos Dwarfs

Two additional evil stunties to my Nurgle warband...I'll probably do a few more :)

Nurgle Warband: Chaos Dwarfs

One thing I made different with these compared to the other warband members was the shields. I wanted something to stand out a bit and also add a bit of personal touch to the paint job. So I decided to paint the shield without shadings or highlight. For Belekhost Deathbringer below I also painted the back of the shield but added a bit of color.

Would love to here your comments on this approch! (thanks)

Chaos Dwarf: Belekhost Deathbringer

Chaos Dwarf: Belekhost Deathbringer

Ori Pointed-Beard below was another old mini that had been mutilated by the need to bits. His right arm was missing as well as the handle for his club. A bit of green stuff and a tentacle solved this.

Chaos Dwarf: Ori Pointed-Beard
Chaos Dwarf: Ori Pointed-Beard

The Nurgle Warband is coming together quit nicely now - I'll probably do a post soon with my plans for the warband and maybe some of the chaos attributes, stats etc. I plan to use.

8 comments:

  1. I Have No Words

    I love those shields they are fantastic. The black and white has a distinct Malal feel which I think suits Chaos Dwarfs was that the intention?

    And yes I think painting the backs is a great touch.

    Ka pai! (well done)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Minitrol - nice to hear from you again! Not sure about my intentions to be honest part from just doing something I enjoyed. /Hans

      Delete
  2. Ace work here !

    Those black/whites devices really give the retro feling and yet it is very personnal. Painting the back of the shield does give more depth.
    The "no highlight or shade" on the shield is a strong choice I wouldn't dare but it looks really good. I've always thought wild warriors must paint their shields themselves thus not spending to much time on nice blendings and freehands. Aaaaaaand another hand youv'e got Fraser Grey...

    Very good choice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like your thinking about that they paint their own shield. I like to think about a little story from my minis when I paint them and painting their own shields does really fit with that...let's just say the shield were gifts from father nurgle :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, chaos dwarves, lovely. Very distinctive painting. Both the shields and bases stopped me for a second until I decided I really like them. Very much looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Saturday! Glad you like them. Just read your post about what to do next - think you should go with the genestealer cult (voted as well). Would love to see those coming along. Thx /Hans

      Delete
  4. Great work and super idea for the shields. I tried daubing on red paint on some of my Orc shields in a similar fashion to how I imagined they might do themselves - didn't come off very well and I ended up highlighting the design to make it look right.

    Your however look very effective, especially as they're very crisp and geometric - painting the backs is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Is it possible to see your shields somewhere? Thx/Hans

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...